Thursday 29 March 2007

Swimathon Success

On Sunday the 25th March I woke with butterflies, but looking forward to the challenge of my big swim. 6 weeks of training; in the pool, rowing, running and weights culminating in a 5km swim for Marie Curie. After a big bowl of porridge Oats (home-grown) I headed off to Gloucester Leisure Centre. After signing in the gun went just after 12 noon when over 20 people set off in tandem. I was in a lane with 4 other people, of different abilities and distance challenges which made it interesting at times!


After 1 hour and 50 minutes I finally reached the end of my swim, shoulders aching but very satisfied. Shoulders were really sore for the next day but the cause was worth it. The total raised should be over £1,400!
A really big thank you to all the support and generous sponsorship donations I have received.
I will soon be looking out for the next challenge so and ideas please forward them!


No comments: