Tuesday 8 June 2010

Evening Tours

On a cool and drizzly Monday evening Alex and I were joined by the new (and not so new) tenants of The Overbury Estate for a farm tour. the idea was to introduce ourselves to new neighbours and to try and explain what goes on at Overbury Farms throughout the year. An explanation about tractors roaring through the village at midnight during harvest to why dogs should ideally be kept on leads whilst walking around, lead to an engaging discussion. All sorts of interesting subjects were raised, keeping me on my toes answering all of the questions, which I really appreciated, I did honestly!
We are so busy carrying on our normal but hectic lives, we wave at each other whilst passing not really knowing the purpose of the trip but hopefully now some greater insight as to what might be going on will be helpful. It really was a great fun evening, even though we overran by half an hour, finishing the trip with the lights on the tractor, tells it's own story. I feel that this might be a trip worth pencilling in your diaries again for next year, I might even have attracted a few more followers of Farmer Jake's blog!

3 comments:

Ian said...

Hi Jake, sounds like you all had a good time, the girls from Hillside certainly enjoyed it. Sorry I missed it, I was stood in the rain watching Harry playing football :)

Pencil me in for next year if you do it again

Ian

Anonymous said...

Hi Jake,

Thank you for a very interesting and educational evening. You should be very proud of the knowledge you have of the Overbury estate and surrounding areas.
What a pleasure to meet someone who is so passionate about his role.
We would certainly like to do it again on a brighter drier day.
Once again Thank You.

Teresa Carpenter

Jake Freestone said...

Thanks both, I am sure we will be doing the trip again maybe in the autumn, when the farm will look quite different! Thnaks for the comments, always welcome. Jake